More About Clay County
Clay County is home to Kansas City's Downtown Airport, the corporate jet hub of Greater Kansas City. Kansas City's vibrant Downtown is also nearby as are most of the region's major amenities.
From the shadows of dynamic Downtown Kansas City to open spaces of its north, Clay County contains more than 400 square miles.
Clay County is located in the middle of the U.S., astride a transportation network that allows truck transport to reach most of the country in less than three days.
One of the major counties comprising metropolitan Kansas City, Mo., Clay County is the third most populous county in the metro area.
Major businesses here include the Cerner Corporation world headquarters and Ford Motor Company. Clay County is also one of the most dynamic hotspots in the Midwest for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Clay County is adjacent to Downtown Kansas City and stretches north to undeveloped rolling hills. Above is 7,200-acre Smithville Lake, with world-class trails, beaches, golf and boating.
Some of the assets in Clay County and nearby:
• "AAA" rated public schools and above average ACT scores.
• Home of William Jewell College and Maple Woods Community College plus satellites for Northwest Missouri State University and Missouri University Science and Technology. Learn more.
• The 7,200-acre Smithville Lake, Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun, and the home of the Jesse and Frank James. Two of the states largest casinos operate entertainment facilities that include restaurants, hotels and theaters.
• Clay County is minutes from Kansas City International Airport and home of the region’s "corporate jet" capital, the Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport (learn more).
• Minutes from the Truman Sports complex, home of the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals.
• Clay County is adjacent to Kansas City’s reborn Downtown, with Sprint Center, the Power and Light Entertainment District, the internationally renowned Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and more.
Clay County Economic Development Council • 1251 NW Briarcliff Parkway, Suite 25, Kansas City, MO 64116
Phone: (816) 468-4989 • Fax (816) 587-1996 • firstname.lastname@example.org
|Site Selectors | Members | Business Resources
|About Clay County
|About the EDC
Board of Directors
Top Level Members
Join the EDC/Renew
Midwest Small Business Finance
Angel Investor Network
Education & Business
Buildings, Sites & Info
Area Eco Devo Agencies