Return to News Releases | Return to Newsletter

Leadership Institute Begins Fall Session, Prepares for January

September 2017

The Spring 2017 Cohort of the Doniphan Leadership Institute recently had reason to smile during their June graduation. The fall session began Sept. 8 and plans are already set for the following cohort in January.

Registration remains open for the Spring 2018 session of the Doniphan Executive Leadership Institute. The fall session began Sept. 8.

The program was created to fill a gap in executive leadership training with a comprehensive, challenging program for tomorrow’s leaders in business and non-profit organizations. Those involved have noted that some of their learning is a surprise.

During the most recent graduation ceremony, several graduates have been surprised at what they learned in the program, which is entering its 11th year. Kevin Bennett of Ingredion also anticipated utilizing his new abilities. “This is a great opportunity,” he noted. “I’m looking forward to taking everything I’ve learned and putting it to work.”

Tricia Anderson of the Independence Chamber of Commerce thanked her employer for the opportunity to attend the intense, six-month program. “Thanks boss!” she said. “I learned so much and I will definitely carry it forward.”

Sponsored by the Clay County Economic Development Council and the Pryor Center for Leadership Development, the Doniphan Institute is designed for individuals who want to be future leaders of their organizations throughout Greater Kansas City and beyond.

The program consists of one day each month for six months. With an aggressive list of reading, program topics include 360-Degree feedback, personal consultation and Servant Leadership. A major element involves direct interaction with veteran leaders who discuss their techniques and philosophies. The next session begins in January.

For additional information, call the Development Council at (816) 468-4989 or visit this web page; or contact the Pryor Center at (816) 415-5052.

Return to News Releases | Return to Newsletter